1 medium onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
1 butternut squash (2 lb), peeled, cubed
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 4 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1 package 8 ounce cream cheese cubed
- 1 In 10-inch skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add onion; cook, stirring occasionally, until crisp-tender.
- 2In 3- to 4-quart slow cooker, mix onion and remaining ingredients except cream cheese.
- 3 Cover; cook on Low heat setting 6 to 8 hours.
- 4 In blender or food processor, place one-third to one-half of mixture at a time. Cover; blend on high speed until smooth. Return mixture to slow cooker. Stir in cream cheese. Cover; cook on Low heat setting about 30 minutes longer or until cheese is melted, stirring with wire whisk until smooth.
from good old Betty Crocker!